Friday, June 5, 2009

The Finals

As you may know, I am a big Red Wings honk. I love Detroit hockey. The puck possession, the veterans, and the late round draft picks just get me going.
The problem is these finals are killing me.
It has been so back and forth. The Red Wings get a chance. The Penguins get a chance. The Wings score, The Pens score. The up and down play is enough to give a guy a heart attack.
The officiating has actually given me a heart attack. Missing offsides and too many men on the ice calls are forgivable. Blatantly ignoring the "new NHL" rules on obstruction is not. These blind squirrels are going to starve for sure. The sad thing is this crew is supposed to be the best of the best. But they are content to "let 'em play." It's a joke how poorly these ever important games are being reffed.
But, the series is knotted at 2-2 and home ice belongs to the Swedish national team... er, Red Wings. I believe the Wings can pull it out. But, not if they play the way they did in Pittsburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment