Tuesday, June 30, 2009

USA, USA


This is my team USA jersey.
Speaking of team USA. I just checked out the invite list for the US Olympic team orientation camp. http://www.usahockey.com/Template_Usahockey.aspx?NAV=TU_01_01_05&id=264078

I love this roster.

There is so much young talent that I can't wait to see in the stars and stripes.

Phil Kessel is super fast and shifty. Bobby Ryan is just sick, the Ducks were idiots for keeping him in the 'A' for so much of this season. Paul Stasny is old school cool and can get the puck to any sniper. Zach Parise is a top flite player on any team. Patrick Kane, Kyle Okposo, and TJ Oshie are all young studs.

I am just flat out excited to see this team play.

That being said, I am not predicting a medal for this team. Russia, Canada and Sweden are flat out better. But you never know, to quote the cliche "that is why you play the game."

I hate summer. There is just not enough ice in my diet.

2 comments:

  1. This team looks really good. I'm glad to see the veterans represented but the young talent is refreshing. I'm not on the anti-Detroit bandwagon (even though I am a die-hard Pens fan) but I am not surprised and a little refreshed to not see Chelios on this list. He has the experience but not the legs, and it is good to give younger guys a chance. Modano will make an excellent leader in Chelios' absence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Modano is good to see. Cheli, god bless him, is just not living in the real world anymore. His game is gone. I have nothing against Pens fans, just haters.

    ReplyDelete