Thursday, May 21, 2009

Can't get enough


I am struggling. I just can't get on the ice as much as I want. To be fair, I've never been on the ice as much as I want. Everyday is more than I can swing. But, with the season over and not being able to get a babysitter for my daughter so I can go during the day, I've been relegated to Thursday night drop-in only. I can't play in the men's league because I work on that night. I've decided that I should drive the 45 minutes to the next closest rink for their Tuesday Thursday morning skate. It starts at 5:45 am. That means I would need to leave at 4:45 am to be on time and dressed. I went on Tuesday and it was a solid drop in, but I am still trying to recover from only getting four hours of sleep. Those of you who know me will agree that I'm a night owl. I hate waking up and going to sleep. I love sleep, it is just the getting in and out part(kind of like a geo metro for me-6'3" 275).

I'm going to figure out a way to get more hockey. I love being on the ice. I love shooting the puck. Even if it is just a sunday skate, I want to be there playing.

I'll just have to find a babysitter. More than that, I need a full time job. Then I will be able to really figure out how to get my hockey fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment