Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Soothing my depression


I miss playing hockey now that the college season is over. So, I am living vicariously through the Detroit Red Wings. But it is getting rough.
The wings dropped a second one goal tilt to the Ducks. I do page design part-time for the Provo Daily Herald and I was watching it while I put the scoreboard page. It wasn't that the Wings lost that got me down, it was how the played.

Usually the Wings have the best passes in the league. Not just head-manning the puck, but they throw beautiful no-look behind the back drop passes and sick across the crease to snipe passes. I saw none of this from them in the first period and a half. They were chasing the Ducks around like a bunch of mites. They got better, but too little and too late to win the game. Now they are down 2-1.

To make myself feel better, I went to my local hockey shop. They are having a 50-70-percent off sale. I got a Warrior Dolospyne for $100. I'll let you know how it is when I get a chance to use it on the ice. I'll be playing a drop-in on thursday night. Hopefully it is such a sick stick that I go and buy ten more. I usually use the old yellow synergy sticks, but hopefully the Warrior stacks up.

2 comments:

  1. so sorry about your wings...hope they can do better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. STELLER, SICK BLOG DAWG.... LOOKIN REALLY GOOD IN YOUR PIC...

    ReplyDelete