Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sid vs. Ovie

I am super excited for Wings-Ducks, but the most intriguing matchup of the second round will be.... Sidney Crosby vs. Alex Ovechkin. Who else was I going to say?
Now I'm sure the on-ice part of the matchup will be electric, but what I am looking forward to is the battle in the media. Will they pick the golden boy in Crosby or the Russian flame-thrower in Ovechkin? I watch a lot of ESPN and I can't wait to see this debate. What about Fleury vs. Varlamov? Not even a thought. What about Malkin? Side-show at best. All the American media will care about is this Sid vs. Ovie matchup. I can't wait. For once, they will talk hockey. Hockey may actually steal a headline or two.
But, none of it really matters. The Red Wings will be taking home Lord Stanley's cup once again. Unless the Ducks still have a little Disney magic left in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment