Monday, April 6, 2009

Red Wings

I forgot about the NBC game of the week until there was only a half hour left. I just scrolled to it on my television's guide and recorded it. I watched it a little later that day. When I played it, there was about nine minutes left.
I was disappointed to find my wings tied 2-2 with the not going to the post-season Wild. Detroit has been on a three game skid and it looked like they might drop another.
I don't know why Detroit hasn't been winning. Goaltending maybe? Resting guys for the post-season? Whatever. It is still sad.
But Marion "I have a tinted visor" Hossa made me happy. He took a pass from Thomas Holmstrom with less than a minute left and sniped it past Nicklas Backstrom. By sniped I mean grazed it off his arm witch was tight to his body, just over his glove.
The wings won 3-2. I just hope they get home ice against Boston in the finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment