Friday, August 6, 2010

Mike Modano

Mike Modano is coming home.Contrary to what the original Mighty Ducks film would have you believe, it's not Minnesota. He is going back to Detroit City.
The man who has the most goals among American-born players is taking his talents to Joe Louis Arena. Modano will be wearing the Winged-wheel and rtocking No. 90.
This is great for the Wings. They get a bargain on the third or fourth line. A guy who can score at even strength and is a nother weapon on the power play.
The best part, Modano still rocks the old school CCM tacks. Since Chelios left, the Wings have lacked the good mojo that Tacks bring. Or, maybe they lack the old fart that brings the Tacks. Either way, Modano can fly on his antique wheels.
Modano may not be the impact player he once was, but he can play a role on a Wings team full of role players.

3 comments:

  1. I am pumped about this man! I am so excited I love Modano, what a great pick up for the wings, I feel very good about this. You think he will get 50 points in D- town?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, with Modano and Turco both gone I might as well burn my old Stars shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about 50 points in the regular season. But, Detroit doesn't care about the regular season. He is a guy that can score in the playoffs.

    ReplyDelete