Friday, March 20, 2009

Everyone wants to be Ovechkin

I can't blame anyone for wanting to be like Alex Ovechkin, he is plain nasty. But, does anyone else think it is funny to see a guy at drop-in with a tinted visor who is trying to do a between the legs move down the wing? The ovechkin wannabe always makes me laugh. It is even funnier when it is a thirty year old beginner. Why do people do this? Yes. Ovie is disgusting on the ice. He already has 50 goals on the year and his stick is on fire. That doesn't mean that every bender's stick is on fire too. Ovechkin can wear the tinted visor, the laces holding up his pants and the yellow laces in his skates because he is re-donk-ulous on the ice. Everyone else (not in the pros) needs to stay down because their game is not at that level. Ovechkin could wear pink gloves and goth makeup and it would be OK as long as he kept bending the twine.

Don't worry about copying Ovechkin, worry about stepping your game up.
I do have to admit, I have yellow laces. I've had them for the last six years and it has kind of become my thing. I get flack for it once in a while, but atleast I'm not rockin T-blades.

1 comment: